Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Good FPS That Should Be On Arcade

There's several games I'd love to see on Live Arcade. I've done it before in email, now here it is reborn!

  1. Blood - loved the flare gun, the alternate fire sent out a starburst formation which REALLY lit up your opponent
  2. Duke Nukem - loved the laser-tripwire bombs, Nova remembers those too!
  3. Heretic - favorite maneuver, morph ovum turning enemy into chicken, then using the crossblow to blow them into poultry heaven w/feathers everywhere
  4. Hexen - Discs of Repulsion worked great, when the enemy was on the cliff edge
  5. Shadow Warrior - "Look, you have a new friend!" says Lo Wang when you stick your opponent with a sticky grenade.

Any other favs out there???

2 comments:

Ken said...

Wasn't Duke Nukem resurrected on a console??? Byrdman brought up a good point: what was the original FPS? Doom, Nukem, Quake???

As for the Arcade bit, I have actually now acquired more games than I have time to play. I reserve Arcade for 'family' games I can sit down and enjoy with the kids. If I need an FPS, I'll just pop in one of my discs.

Shade said...

The earliest FPS I remember is Wolfenstein. Back when there was no jumping or ducking, or even looking up or down. I think they put out a Duke Nukem expansion back on PS1 or something like that a while back. But it was never a classic the way Duke Nukem 3D was. "I'm here to kick ass and chew bubble gum...and I'm all outta gum."

Speaking of which, anybody see that John Carpenter flick w/Roddy Piper, They Live? Same line in that scifi horror movie.